Monday, March 20, 2006

Magnify the Lord with me

I am excited to provide an update on my family. The Lord has blessed us abundantly more than we asked or expected of Him. We have been living with my in-laws for almost two years now. A couple months ago it was decided that we needed to leave by the end of May so that other relatives could use the space in the house. This put us into a whirlwind search for our first home. We had only a little time to look, a tight budget, and a need for a house that was at least three bedrooms. Nearly all of the houses we looked at were built around 1910, and you can imagine what kind of shape they were in. I started picturing us living with creaky floors, no air conditioning, windows that were painted shut, and closet-sized bedrooms. Then there was 828 Rose street, and as soon as we walked in, we heaved a sigh of relief. It was PERFECT for our needs. We were shocked to find that the couple had made half of their garage into a den, which is exactly what we needed for Jason's room to study. So basically we were getting four bedrooms for the price of three. To make a long story short, the Lord was pleased to give it to us. We are still astounded. Of all the things that could have gone wrong, of all the lessons we could have learned by NOT living in a nice house, He decided to give us a perfect blessing that we don't deserve in the slightest.
As if that weren't enough, we are also expecting our second child. I could hardly believe it when I calculated that Eowyn and this baby will be exactly as far apart as my sister and I are. As if THAT could be planned by us!
I am so happy and pleased that the Lord would be so good to us. I only hope that with this exciting year, we would learn to cling to Him for who He is, and not the good gifts He gives. Please magnify the Lord with me for His blessings on my family.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYTHING!!!!! new home and new baby.. when are you due? praising God with you for His kindness to your family.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Steph,
That is awesome, much like our God. I am SO HAPPY for you, what great news.
Eph 3:20-21
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think,according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

11:36 AM  
Blogger MM said...

Wow! What exciting news to share! We are praising and magnifying the Lord with you. Thank you for sharing your good news with us. When are you moving? And how far apart with Eowyn and the new baby be?

7:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sorry girls....I just realized that there were comments on here. We are moving at the beginning of May, and Eowyn and this baby will be two years, four months apart.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home